ElektroPhysik Coating Thickness Gauges
PoroTest-7 High Voltage Porosity Holiday Detector
Designed for detecting flaws and pores, the PoroTest 7 can be used for non-destructive porosity testing of all insulating coatings on conductive substrates such as steel, aluminium, etc. The test instrument consists of a high voltage probe with an integrated high voltage generator and a test electrode, which is simply connected to the probe. The test voltage control works automatically and is specific to the thickness of the material to be tested and vice versa.
The control unit features a digital display and control pad. The control unit housing is fully portable and made of rugged ABS plastic with an integrated handle. The high voltage probe and control unit are connected via a rugged cable. To detect porosity, the appropriate test voltage specific to the material thickness is set on the control unit which applies, when activated, a spark discharge at the moment a material flaw is detected. In addition to the spark discharge, flaws are indicated by a visible and audible signal and counted. The test voltage is directly indicated on the digital display.
0.03 mm – 1.7 mm / 1 mils – 67 mils
0.52 mm – 9.49 mm / 20.5 mils – 373.6 mils
1.4 mm – 11.3 mm / 55 mils – 444 mils
The PoroTest 7 will be delivered as a kit, including:
Control unit with integrated storage battery
Connecting cable probe-control unit
Grounding cable, 5 m (16 ft) length
Plastic carrying case
Testing linings and coatings applied on ducts, pipes, hulls, oil and storage tanks, enamel, paint, rubber and bitumen linings, vessels and tanks, GFK and other plastic materials.
The PoroTest 7 is designed for use with boilers, pumps, tanks and other receptacles, but also for offshore installations, drilling rigs, ships or pipelines.
For more details Please Request a quote now..!!
- Testing of insulating coatings in a thickness range of 30 µm to 11.3 mm.
- Powerful and versatile gauge with new ergonomic design making it ideal for on-site testing.
- User-friendly key-pad layout with menu driven operation.
- Electronically stabilized high-tension assures secure detection of pinholes and pores.
- Test voltage 0.5 to 35 kV.
- Operator menu on display in four languages.
- Power supply: AC operated or battery operated via integrated storage battery (C-cells).
- Back-lit display to indicate current test voltage, number of pores and material thickness.
- Large selection of test electrodes adapted to specific applications.
- Alarm signal when exceeding pore limit setting (Limit).
- Low-battery indicator.
|Accuracy of voltage setting||± (0.1 kV + 3% of reading)|
|Dimensions of high voltage probe||274 mm x 63 mm|
|Dimension of control unit||225 mm x 150 mm x 85 mm|
|Weight high voltage probe||550 g|
|Weight control unit||1400 g|
|Alarm signal||90 dB, 0.1 s/Pore, continuous tone in case of short-circuit|
|Signal output||potential free, Umax.: 100 V, Imax.: 0.4 A|
|Storage battery||4 C-cells, IEC LR 14, 3.5 Ah, NiMH, replaceable|
|Storage battery life at maximum voltage||PoroTest 7-P7: 20 hours continious operation PoroTest 7-P30 & P35: 10 hours continious operation|
|Storage battery charging time||4 hrs quick charge|
|Mains voltage||110 to 230 V, 50/60 Hz, automatic switch|
|Operating temperature||0°...+50°C/ 32°...122°F|
|Humidity||avoid dew on the surface (refer to DIN 55 670)|
|Standards||DIN 55 670, ASTM D 5162-01, AS 3894.1-2002|