PR-8V Ultra Sonic Tester for Engine Builders and Race Shops
Range in Steel
0.63 to 254 millimeters / 0.025 – 9.999 inches
–Cylinder’s & Pitting
–Head Ports & Pipe
– Roll Cages
– Body Panels
– Variety of Applications
The PR-8V thickness gauge is designed specifically for the needs of engine builders and race shops. The time-based B-Scan feature of the PR-8V displays a cross-section of the opposite surface, allowing the engine builders the ability to see the contour of the back surface in cylinders while scanning.
Use the Multi-Mode (Echo-Echo mode) feature to measure chassis tubing with or without paint and coatings. Built-in automatic gain control.
The PR-8V is supplied as a complete kit with the gauge, probe, 4 oz. bottle of coupling fluid, 2 AA batteries, data transfer cable, Windows Software, NIST Calibration Certificate, and Operating Instruction Manual – all in a foam-fitted carrying case.
The internal Data Logger of the PR-8V has been customized for both the engine builder and the chassis inspector. Selectable cylinder mapping or general alphanumeric file storage will satisfy your reporting needs. Built-in transducer types offer increased linearity between transducers.
The Fast Scan feature provides a better representation during the scanning process, by making 32 measurements per second. Remove the transducer from the test material to display the thinnest measurement found.
The PR-8V also comes complete with our Windows PC software for transferring data to and from a PC, and viewing B-Scans, Cylinder Maps, and general measurements.
Please contact us for pricing and availability..!!
- Selectable low, medium, and high gain settings offer the inspector the additional punch power for materials that are hard to penetrate.
- Store up to 64 custom setups. Factory setups available for common applications.
- Selectable transducer types with built-in dual path error correction for improved linearity.
- Fast-Scan Mode: Takes 32 readings per second and displays the minimum reading found when the transducer is removed.
- Use the visual and audible alarm to set Hi and Lo limits to signal the inspector when the measurements are out of tolerance.
|Resolution||.001 inches (0.01mm)|
|Velocity Range||.0492 to .3936 in./ms|
|Units||English & Metric|
|Memory||16 megabit non-volatile ram|
|Memory capacity||12,000 pages with 1 reading and waveform per page|
|Power Source||Three 1.5V alkaline or 1.2V NiCad AA cells|
|Auto Power off||if idle 5 min|
|Display||1/8 in. VGA grayscale display 62 x 45.7mm|
|Case||Extruded aluminum body with nickel-plated aluminum end caps (gasket sealed)|
|Operating Temperature||-14° to 140°F (-10° to 60°C)|
|Warranty||2 year limited|