Dakota Ultrasonic Thickness Gauges
PZX-7 Precision Ultrasonic Wall Thickness Gauge
Range with Standard Delay Line Transducer
0.0060″ – 1.000″ / 0.150 – 25.40 mm
Range with Contact Transducers
up to 36.00″ / 915.0 mm
The PZX-7 is a precision ultrasonic wall thickness gauge designed for high-resolution measurements on thin-wall metal and plastics.
It is packaged in an extruded aluminum housing which is sealed for trouble-free use even in the toughest field and production environments.
Additional Measuring Modes include Differential (DIFF) where a user sets a “nominal value” and the gauge displays the ± difference between then nominal and actual wall thickness, Alarm (user-set Hi/Low Limits) trigger Hi/Lo LED’s when the measured values are out of tolerance and Velocity Mode.
The PZX-7 can also be used with single element contact transducers for wall thickness measurements up to 36 inches (923 mm). Although the PZX-7 does not have any built-in memory, it can transfer single values (value on the display) via the USB port to a PC or compatible data collector. No Software is required.
Please contact us for Pricing and Availability..!!
- Resolution of 0.0001 inch (0.001 mm).
- Large, backlit LCD display retains last reading.
- Selectable units of inch or mm.
- IP 65 Rated for protection even in the toughest field conditions.
- Scan mode, 100 readings/sec. Probe is slid over a large measuring area, the minimum thickness during the "scan" will be displayed.
- LCD shows Thickness Value, Velocity Setting, Gain Setting, Stability & Battery Indicators, Scan Mode, Zero and units.
- Measure Modes: Pulse-Echo (P-E), Echo-Echo (E-E), Interface Echo (I-E) and Plastics (PLAS).
- Additional Modes Include Differential (from user-entered "nominal value"), Alarm (user-set Hi/Low Limits) and Velocity Mode.
|Range with Standard Probe||0.0060-1.0000" (0.15-25.40 mm) with standard delay line transducer in steel|
|Resolution||0.0001" (0.001 mm) . 0.001" (0.01 mm), user-selected units and resolution|
|Velocity Range||0.0120 to .7300 in/μs (305 to 18,542 m/sec)|
|Output||USB single value only (no internal memory)TI-007DLX for a model with build-in memory for 40,000 values USB output|
|Dimensions||2.5 x 5.17 x 1.25" / (64 x 131 x 32 mm)|
|Total Measuring Range (Steel)||0.006 - 36.000 inches 0.15 - 924 mm (depends on material and transducer/probe type)|
|Measuring Modes||Pulse-Echo (P-E), Echo-Echo (E-E), Interface Echo (I-E) and Plastics (PLAS), Differential, Alarm, Scan and Velocity (VX)|
|Housing||Extruded aluminum body with nickel-plated aluminum end caps (gasket sealed)|
|Pulse Repetition Frequency (PRF)||200 Hz (200 pulses/sec)|